Monday 3 December 2018

Gulabjamun Cake







I am a hoarder. I realised that, again, while cleaning out my pantry. I came across packets of Gulabjamun premixes that I had bought many months ago. Making gulabjamun seems like too tedious a process right now. So I made cakes with them. These are simple tea time cakes with a very strong flavour of gulabjamun. These can also be made into celebration cakes with layers of whipped cream and gulabjamun sandwiched between the two layers of cake and some more for decoration on top. However these simple cakes were such a  big hit that I had to bake cakes consecutively or three days. At last my premixes are being put to good use.


Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup gulabjamun premix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 tbsp cashewnuts

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
Line and grease a loaf tin for a tea cake or a round pan for celebration cake.
Cream butter and sugar till pale and frothy. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, gulabjamun mix, baking powder and cardamom powder. Fold into the butter mix gently. Pour batter into loaf tin and sprinkle the cashew pieces on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...