Saturday 1 December 2018

Eggless Wholewheat Brownies




Life is a learning process. You learn something new everyday, every moment. No, this is not a philosophical moment I am having. A few days ago I came across a post about brownies. The brownies were nice but what was more interesting was the pan. It had a cutter that would cut the brownies into even shaped squares. Small neat little packets of fudginess. And I learnt that this is another innovation that is very helpful to bakers.
So started my hunt for this pan. And I found it on Amazon. A few days later I had it in my hands. Adequately named Perfect Brownie Pan it turned out to be purrfecttt!! You can adapt any brownie recipe. It easily bakes a 2 cup flour batter. It has a loose bottom. Then there is a cutter frame. And a stand on which you place the pan to pop out the loose bottom. Cut the brownies while they are warm and you have nice square brownies.


Ingredients

1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (atta)
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
1 cup castor sugar
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup milk
1 cup Greek yogurt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼  cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Sift together the atta, cocoa powder and baking powder. Keep aside.
Beat together soft butter and castor sugar. Whisk together yogurt and baking soda and add to the mix. Now add atta and milk alternately, mixing well after each addition. Start with 1/3 flour, then ½ milk, 1/3 flour, ½ milk and finally the last 1/3 flour. Spread the batter in the pan. Tap the pan a few times. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top. Bake for 30 minutes.




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...