Saturday 1 December 2018

Domino’s Style Stuffed Garlic Bread





Another post long in the pipeline. After having my pizzas my son has stopped going to the pizza chains. However he also wants the complete menu on his plate. I had been procrastinating for some time but since I got a new oven I decided to give it a try. An instant hit..and even I liked it. In my book that is a big deal. Lolzz.
This bread is more like a calzone. I have basically used a pizza dough, filled up half the rolled out dough and then folded it like a calzone. But like they say “A rose by any other name….”. call it a calzone or a stuffed garlic bread. It tasted great and that is the main thing.


Ingredients

1 /4 cup all purpose flour
A pinch of salt
½ tsp fried garlic ( I used the readymade variety)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pizza seasoning
2 tsp dry instant yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar

For the filling
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp ketchup/schezwan chutney
½ cup fresh corn kernels
¼ cup chopped capsicum
½ cup grated mozzarella
1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
1 tsp oregano
¼ tsp thyme
¼ tsp rosemary


I had some left over chicken momo filling and so I added that too.
Mix the sugar and lukewarm water. Sprinkle yeast on it. Mix and let sit till it froths.
Mix the flour, salt, paprika, fried garlic and pizza seasoning.


 Use the frothy yeast water to make a soft dough. You can add more water if required. Now start kneading on your kitchen slab. Knead for about 5 minutes till the dough feels glossy and spongy. Place in a large oiled bowl.


Cover with a clingfilm and keep in a warm place till it doubles in size. This will take about 3 hours.


Mix together mayonnaise and ketchup. Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
Deflate the dough and divide into half. Roll out half the dough. Spread the mayonnaise mix on one half in a semi circle.


 Spread the filling on top.


 Close up the other half to form a half moon. Make long slits on the top. Make sure that the slits are superficial and do not go too deep. Keep covered for 10 minutes.


 Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.



1 comment:

shira said...

IS 1/4 cup of flour enough

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...