Wednesday 5 December 2018

Oh-mazing Chocolate Cake




So there are two reasons for baking this cake.
Number 1 : I have bought this new Vortex shaped Silicon mould and I am dying to try it out.
Number 2 :  I have a bakeathon. I have to bake at least 4 different kinds of cake today. So the best option is to start tout with a chocolate cake.
The mould turned out to be a delight. I simply fell in love with the shape the first time I saw it. And does it not love Oh-mazing? Trust me, it tastes oh-mazing too.
So you might not have a bakeathon and you might not be planning to try out a different mould but that is no excuse for not trying out this amazing cake!
Recipe adapted from stayathomechef

Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2/3 cups cocoa powder
½ tbsp. baking soda
2/3 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2/3 cups buttermilk
2/3 cups warm water
¼ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat 170 degrees. Line and grease a cake tin. I have used this new Silicon cake mould that I bought. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the sugar and keep aside.
Take another bowl. Mix togetherbeaten eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil and essence. Now add the flour mix in batches. Pour into the mould/tin and bake for 35 -40 mins at 170 degrees Celsius.




No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...