Monday 3 December 2018

Spiced Carrot Cake





2017 has started and I have not had the time to celebrate the New Year. I was busy doing the thing I love the most, travelling. Or to be more precise I was on a road trip. Two road trips infact. Driving a distance of almost 2000 kms the four of use covered the Rann festival. The white desert near Bhuj is a surreal sight as you see white salt crusted earth spread out all around you as far as the eye can see. Then back home, a reprieve of 3 days and we were off to usher in the new year at Shirdi. Starting on a holy note you see. Then onwards ho to Aurangabd to visit the amazing caves of Ajanta and Ellora.
2 road trips. 3000 kms. And it is already mid January. High time I heated up the trusty old oven. But what to bake!!! The best thing about winter months is the plethora of fresh veggies. The greens, the reds, the purples, the market place is a virtual rainbow of colors. What better way to celebrate winters than to use some of these colors in the cake .
Not planning to overwork the grey matter I fell back on trusted dear Martha Stewart for a great recipe. So this Spiced Carrot Cake was what caught my attention and it turned out so great!! So follow the recipe, enjoy the cake and have a marvellous year.

Ingredients

¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp salt
2 eggs
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup thick curd
1 cup grated carrots

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
Line the base and sides of a 8” cake tin.
Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Keep aside.
Beat together eggs, sugars, curd and oil till smooth. Gently fold in the flour. Add the grated carrot. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes. The cake will turn out very soft and spongy.

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...