Monday 3 December 2018

Nutty Peanut Butter Banana Cake






This is a fly-by-my-pants cake. I have rarely repeated a cake I bake at home. Every time it has to be different recipe. I love experimenting. Most of my experiments turn out really well. Some prove to be triumphantly successful. Few are disasters. I love my disasters because they teach me what not to do, what combinations do not work, what techniques do not make the perfect cake. I think in life, as in baking, failures are more important than successes. They are the greater teaching experiences.
However this post is not a lecture on philosophy. It is about cake. I have baked numerous banana based cakes and loaves. So what could I tweak in the recipe. I wondered how the combination of bananas and peanut butter would taste. Why not try it out? And why not add some nuts into the bargain. My not-so-little-one does not like nuts and raisins in his cakes. So, sneaky mom is up to her tricks and in goes the nuts. Baked perfectly. Soft and delicious. This was a successful experiment!!


Ingredients

1 ¼ cup APF or atta
1 cup granulated sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup oil
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 eggs
½ cup buttermilk
2 tbsp chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
¼ tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 8” baking tin.
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Beat together oil and sugar. Add eggs one by one and whip well. Mix in the buttermilk. Add the peanut butter and mashed bananas and whip. Fold in the flour. Add the nuts and mix again. Bake for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...