Wednesday 5 December 2018

Red Velvet Brownies









I usually do not follow the recipes that are floating around on the internet. However I came across this video from Yourfoodlab and I was instantly tempted. After all it was a Red velvet!! The recipe and procedure were pretty simple. Surprisingly the brownies turned out perfect!!
My son is always after my life to create Red Velvet variations. Ii try telling him that it is a basic chocolate cake with added red color. I guess it is that vibrant red that adds to the appeal of the Red Velvet. For the color I always depend on Americolor gel based colors. Many people have asked me which brand to use. Wilton is another good one.
Simple follow the instructions in the recipe and this is a no fail one. One point to keep in mind is that add the flour 2 tbsp at a time and mix well after each addition.
Recipe Source : Your food lab

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp baking powder
80 gm dark choco chips
80 gm butter
2 eggs
½ tsp vanilla essence

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line and grease a square pan.
Sift together flour, powdered sugar and baking powder.
Put the choco chips on a double boiler. Add the butter. Once the choco chips melt whisk  well to mix the butter and chocolate together. Keep aside to cool for some time.  Add the 2 eggs and mix well. Add the vanilla essence. Now fold in the flour 2 tbsp at a time. Once the flour is properly incorporated, pour the batter in the cake pan. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
Simple! Amazing! Perfect!









No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...