Tuesday 4 December 2018

Summer Delight




Indian summer sucks big time. Just imagine the extremely hot summers with Loo blowing for about 2 months. We cringe inside AC environments and wait for the monsoon to rescue us from the nightmare. The only silver lining is that this is mango season. It is exactly this miserable weather that ripens the mangoes to the lusciousness. The golden fruit in myriad varieties can break the strictest of diets. So apart from just peeling and wolfing down the mangoes straight from the trees we also indulge in mango shakes, mango shreekhand, mango Sandesh, mango pies, mousses and of course cakes.
This Summer Delight is a celebration cake for me. 3 years into blogging I have made lots of friends and followers. They rely on me for providing me with no fail recipes. I have about 400 recipes on my blog. All of them are tried and tested in my kitchen and have passed my very strict personal approval test. My laptop stores about 500 recipes that I have tried and not felt good enough to put on my blog. It is all about your own conviction and other people’s trust in you. Recently I was featured as one of the many female bloggers who gave up a regular job to pursue their love for food and blogging. You can read about it here
https://sonlicious.com/female-food-bloggers/


Ingredients

2 cups flour
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 tbsp milk
½ cup mango puree
4 eggs, separated
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vinegar

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line ad grease a 8”dish.
Cream butter, milk and sugar together. Add the 4 egg yolks, one at a time and beat well. Add the puree and beat. Add vinegar to the egg whites and beat till it build up in volume and holds shape. Sift together flour and baking powder. Now gently fold in egg whites and flour alternately. Make sure that you do not overbeat or the air trapped in the egg whites will be released. Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake for about 45-50 minutes.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...