Tuesday 4 December 2018

Vanilla Delight Cake




Simple is the best way to go. After baking loads of chocolate rich cakes I was craving for something simple. This vanilla cake is the perfect answer to a simple desire. The cake is also perfect for torting. I tried out adding cornflour and warm milk to the batter and it really improved the texture of the cake. Another strongly recommended cake.


Ingredients

1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
4 tbsp cornflour
1 cup warm milk
4 eggs
¾ cup oil
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. You can bake in a round tine or a loaf tin. I have baked in a silicon mould.
Sift together flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder. Beat together sugar and eggs till pale and frothy. Add the warm milk in a slow trickle. Fold in the flour mix. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter. Bake for 50 minutes if baking in a round tin/loaf tin. Bake for 20 minutes if making cupcakes.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...