Monday 3 December 2018

Orange Sponge Cake





Pardon me if I have not much to say about this cake.
Because I am too busy finishing it up.
Because I am too busy clicking pictures of this fluffy beauty.
And because I have to go make another batch coz this one is almost over.


Ingredients

6 eggs, separated
½ cup oil
1 cup cake flour (to make cake flour take 1 cup flour, take out 2 tbsp of the flour and replace with 2 tbsp cornflour)
100 ml orange juice
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vinegar

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
Line and grease a 8” cake tin. Also wrap a collar of parchment paper round the tin as the cake will rise almost 1 ½ inches.
Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks and oil for a minute. Add orange juice and mix some more. Add sifted flour and mix. Keep it aside.
Start beating the egg whites with a hand mixer. Once it starts to foam a bit add the vinegar. Continue beating while adding the sugar little by little. Beat till it forms soft to firm peaks. Do not overbeat it to stiff peaks stage. Take 1/3 of the whites and gently fold into the flour mix. Repeat till all the whites are mixed into the flour.
Pour into the cake tin. Bake for 70-80 minutes. The cake will rise substantially but once it is cool it will collapse back. No baking powder has been used as the egg whites will help the cake rise.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...