Tuesday 4 December 2018

Perfecto Brownies








I believe in experimenting because at times experiments lead to successes. This is another story of happy coincidences and successful experiments. So to begin the story I just won a Mixed Doubles Badminton Championship. Well I have won several, in fact , but this is the most recent one. And that too with a weak back, knee problems, foot issues and a damaged eye. I still play and love every moment of it. And practising for days for the tournament took its toll. And I also reduced a bit. Can’t say I reduced a lot because that seems like an impossible dream. So I convinced myself that I deserved a sinful brownie. The problem with being a baker is that you are expected to bake your own celebration treats, birthday and anniversary cakes. To be honest I myself do not like the store bought cakes any more.
So there I was trying to whip up a brownie at 10 in the night. I decided on a fudgy one with orange flavour. And Murphy’s law made its appearance. My son had finished up all the orange juice in the house. I have been baking a lot of hot milk cake recently and so I decided to add hot milk to it. However at the last moment I was too tired to heat the milk and so I added cold one to it. Now I know it is a universal law that all cake ingredients must be at room temperature at least. I decided to fly by my pants. In went the brownies. And boy did they turn out awesome!!!
So this was the happy coincidence and successful experiment!!


Ingredients

100 gm flour
50 gms cocoa powder
150 gms dark chocolate
200 gms granulated sugar
100 gms butter, at room temperature
½ tsp baking powder
2 eggs
¼ cup cold milk
Walnut bits for garnish

Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Grease a brownie pan.
Melt the dark chocolate on a double boiler. Keep aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the milk and beat some more. Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold into the wet ingredients. Add the melted chocolate and mix well. Pour into the brownie pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Bake for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...