Monday 3 December 2018

Prawns Balchao





Any trip to Goa is incomplete without tasting some ethnic Goan cuisine. Some Vindaloo, balchao, bebinca..I can keep going on and on. Lipsmackingly delicious!! Prawn Balchao is a spicy and tangy pickle that can keep for days in the fridge if you can resist the temptation. That rarely happens. Believe me I tried. I kept thinking that the next bite would be my last and soon I was licking the bottom of the bowl.


Ingredients

500 gms prawns

For the Balchao masala
10 dry red chillies
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tsp salt
½ cup vinegar

Other ingredients
3 large onions, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. ginger garlic paste
2 sprigs curry leaves
Salt to taste

Apply some oil to the prawns and keep aside for some time. Fry them in a tbsp. of oil.
Put all the balchao masala ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste.
Heat some oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves and chopped onions and saute. Add the green chilles and ginger garlic paste. Cook till the onions look translucent. Add the paste and cook till the oil separates. Add the prawns toss well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Check the seasoning as per your taste.



No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...