Monday 3 December 2018

Eggless Butterless Chocolate Cupcakes







I am not too fond of eggless baking. I personally feel that egg cakes turn out much more spongier and softer. However a majority of my friends avoid eggs. Even clients while ordering cakes prefer eggless cakes. Most of the eggless bakes turn hard after a day or two. So I was pleasantly surprised when this recipe turned out the softest cupcakes. The texture was that of clouds. And to top it all the cupcakes remained soft even after a week. So from this day onwards this is my go-to recipe for eggless cakes.


Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup oil
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tsp vinegar
1 cup warm water
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners. You can also make a cake in a 8 inch cake pan.
Mix the warm water and cocoa powder well so that no lumps remain.
Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, oil and essence. Add the cocoa mix and whip well. Whisk in the vinegar. Pour into the cupcakes liners. Fill only ¾ the of the liners.


 Keep space for the cupcakes to puff up. 

Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake for 30 minutes.







No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...