Saturday 1 December 2018

Vanilla Dream cake



Some cakes are just happy coincidences. I am always on a baking spree. My dining table always has some cake on it.
When at times I am unable to bake due to whatever reason I buy cakes to eat. Though I hate most of the commercial store bought cakes yet it goes to show how important a place it has in my life. And then I love tweaking the recipes. Many a times it has ended in disaster. My fur baby Leo has helped me finish off those disasters of mine. And sometimes those tweakings work like a dream.
I was all set to bake a cake. I knew I wanted something basic and simple. My son always..and like always…wants only chocolate cake. It is fine for him. He is young with a strong metabolism and he can digest anything and everything. But I have to keep in mind that I am not getting any younger. That does not mean that I start baking all those healthy vegan stuff. I love my cakes the old fashioned way. But yeah a little concession here and there. So I decided on a vanilla pound cake. But I quailed at the idea of equal amounts of butter and sugar. I reduced those two a bit. Then the batter got pretty thick. So I added milk. I had trepidations. But then I though milk, butter, sugar, flour and eggs. I mean how much could go wrong?
And nothing went wrong. Everything worked like a charm. The cake was baked very evenly. And the texture..OMG!! It was as if I was eating a cheesecake. The texture was a bit dense but it was soft, warm and melt in your mouth. And the biggest testament was that my chocolate loving son ate chunks of this white cake which he would otherwise have shunned. So I christened this cake the Vanilla Dream Cake.

Ingredients
½  cup butter, softened
¾ cup milk
¾ cup sugar
1 ¾ cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
Sift together the flour and baking powder. Beat the butter and sugar till creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla essence. Fold in the flour gently. Pour into a greased and lined baking tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...