Saturday 1 December 2018

Masala Soya Chaap




I am a hardcore non vegetarian. During parties and marriages I always steer clear of any vegetarian dish. However I had to go to a friend’s wedding in Meerut and there I had the most awesomest vegetarian dishes. Two have remained in my memory since. One was a grape sabzi and the other was soya chaap. The soya chaap, when cooked properly, looks and tastes exactly like non veg. now I get hold of these frozen chaaps whenever I can and make them.


Ingredients

5 frozen soya chaap
1 bay leaf
2 green cardamoms
1” dalchini
2 onions, cut
2 tomatoes, cut
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
10 cashews, soaked and made into a paste
½ cup milk
Salt to taste

First defrost the soya chaaps. If you are running short on time you can boil them. Heat some oil in a pan and saute the chaaptill they are evenly browned. Keep aside.
Boil the cut onions and tomatoes for 10 minutes and make a puree.
Heat some ghee and add bay leaf, green cardamom and cinnamon. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute. Add onion and tomato puree and cook till the oil separates. Add all the dry masalas and cook. Add the cashew paste and saute. Add the chaap and salt and stir gently so that the chaap is well covered in the masala. Add ½ cup of water and bring to a boil. Now add the milk, cover and cook till oil floats to the surface.


2 comments:

vezlay said...

i love soya chop and this is a so tasty and healthy soya productsoya chops

MY Veg Blog said...

Thank You, Here I got best place about veg meat food. Your information so beneficial for us which can help to make best blog. If you want to get some unique information so please contact to Vezlay Veg Meat and you can also feedback about information.

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...