Wednesday 5 December 2018

One Bowl Banana Choco Chip cake




Now this cake has a story behind it. For a long time I had been planning on starting my youtube channel. The only glitch was I had absolutely no idea how to go about it. I am technologically challenged and the idea of making a food video was daunting. After a lot of hesitation I decided that I will never know or learn until I cross the starting line standing behind that line and wondering was not taking me anywhere. I chose a very simple and basic recipe to begin with. When I look at my photographs when I initially started blogging I realised that they were awful. Basically they sucked. But I gradually grew better. Improvement was gradual as I learnt by trial and error. So I am confident that I will learn to make good food videos too..one day. For the time being here is my first effort.


Ingredients

2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
½ cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup choco chips

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line and grease a round cake tin or loaf tin.
Take the mashed bananas in a bow.
Add the butter and mix.
 Add the sugar and mix.
Add the egg and mix. Now add baking powder to the flour and sift over the batter. Fold the flour into  the batter well. Add choco chips (keep aside a few to sprinkle on top).
Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Sprinkle remaining choco chips on top. Bake for 40 minutes.


2 comments:

Shweta Singh said...

Power to you Mrs Sengupta!! Look forward to seeing you on YouTube. Lots and lots of love.
Regards,
Shweta

P.S while I'm typing I can recall the taste of the chilli cake I had of yours and I am drooling 😁

Suparna Swatson said...

Loved your blog and the write up and also felt hungry all along. Godspeed Mrs. Sengupta. You are brilliant ❣️

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...