Wednesday 5 December 2018

Eggless Choco Mocha Cupcakes






I am not sure whetehr to make this a recipe post or a photography post. Well let me start with the photography aspect. At the risk of sounding immodest I must say that I am proud of the pics I have clicked this time. I always had a problem with clicking chocolate cakes as I could never manage the dark chocolaty colour. Chocolate cakes taste heavenly but taking photographs has always proved a nightmare for me. The dark colour would always turn out flat or way too dark or way too yucky. And then how to click cupcakes? A single cupcake looks forlorn. Two or three of them add to the already dark tone of the pic. This used to happen every single time. Then I started attending workshops to learn more about how to play with shutter and aperture and how to manipulate the camera into giving the desired results. And finally I have been able to click pictures that I am proud of. Hard work and perseverance definitely pays.
Now coming to the recipe part! These are eggless cupcakes. Now I am totally an egg person. I love eggs in all forms, especially in my cakes. But I have friends and clients who insist on eggless bakes. So I am slowly learning how to transition into that. This recipe is from BBC good food. It is a simple recipe and the cupcakes turned out really well. And then you have the combination of chocolate and coffee. All is well with the world as long as these two are together !!!!


Ingredients

1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
 1 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ cup sugar
½ cup oil
¼ cup hot black strong coffee
¼ cup milk
¼ cup curd
1 tsp vanilla essence


Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
Line a cupcake mould with cupcake liners.
Sift together the dry ingredients. Mix together the wet ingredients. Use a wooden spatula to combine the two. Make sure that no lumps remain. Pour into cupcake moulds. Bake for 20 minutes. The top will be a little moist to the touch.

No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...