Wednesday 5 December 2018

Golden Beauty








This cake comes in the category of “I died and went to heaven”!!! Yes it is that good. A buttery golden cake with almond meal. The cake turned out so very delicate that it simply melts in your mouth. I had such a difficult time clicking some decent pictures.  The pillowy texture was due to the use of cake flour and almond meal. I have become a fan of almond meal. Sure it pinches the pocket a little but every time I take a bite I am transported to heaven.
I make my own almond meal at home. I simply dry roast the almonds on a slow flame, cool them and then grind to a fine powder. I do not remove the skin. This gives a certain extra nuttiness and streaks of colour to the cake. I also ake my own cake flour substitute at home. For every cup of normal all purpose flour, I take out 2 tbsp flour and add 2 tbsp cornflour.
Another no fail recipe from my kitty!!


Ingredients

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cornflour
1/3 cup almond meal
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
100 gm butter
50 gms oil
2/3 cup yogurt
2 eggs

Line and grease a loaf tin or a round tin. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
Beat together the oil and butter. Beat together yogurt and eggs. Keep both aside. Mix all dry ingredients. Add the butter-oil mix and beat to a thick batter. Now gradually add the egg mix in three batches. The batter will be a bit thick. Pour it into the cake tin/loaf. Decorate with sliced almonds. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. The cake will be very soft and so be careful while taking it out of the tin.


No comments:

Banana Walnut Choco Chip Cake

Though I bake everyday, it has been ages since I posted anything new on my blog. Last year saw lots of changes ...